Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Ketchup

Well, I know I haven’t posted in a long while, and for that I am sorry.  Our internet connection has been temperamental again.  Lots has happened since last time I posted, so let’s see if I can recap.

Lost premiered on Wednesday night, and holy crap.  I was pretty much blown away.  It was like watching a particularly creepy horror movie.  We found out what was in the hatch, Kate went down inside and promptly disappeared in a flash of light, Locke went inside after her, and then Jack followed them and he met what was inside, and realized that he had seen what was in there before.  We also learned how Jack met his wife in some particularly touching flashbacks.  Not to mention Shannon seeing what seemed like an apparition of Walt in the jungle.  He was soaking wet and looked very creepy.  I am being intentionally vague because I don’t want to spoil things for anyone who might not have watched it yet (read: Danielle) but it was amazing and suffice it to say that I sat on my couch with my hands in my mouth, saying, “Oh no, oh no.”

This weekend I went to a youth leaders retreat with Travis, Erin, Emma (their daughter) and our new interns from the Kanakuk Institute.  It was nice getting to meet them in an environment that wasn’t church, and hopefully they’ll fit in nicely with our ministry this year.  We also had a lock-in at church on Saturday night, but I left early to get some sleep.  I was originally supposed to audition for Annie on Sunday and that was why I was going home, but I ended up singing for Danielle and Alison and Morgan and Rhetta on Saturday night.  I still went home, though, because I didn’t have any clothes to wear for the next day.  The good news out of all that was that I still got to connect with a couple of girls despite leaving early- one of them called me after I had gotten home.

I mentioned Annie auditions.  Danielle is the musical director for the show, and she is already doing an amazing job.  I know that there are going to be six thousand little girls and their overbearing stage mothers come and audition (and they all want to be Annie herself,) and Dani and the rest of the production team are doing a great job of dealing with all of them.  They’ve been having auditions at the church all weekend, and the way I ended up auditioning on Saturday was that I stuck my head in to talk to Danielle for a second and I had my music with me, so they just asked me to sing right there.  I looked terrible (I had been on the lake all afternoon and was still wearing my swimsuit under my sweater and my jeans) and I didn’t sound that great, but it’s not like they’ve never heard me sing.  I live with Danielle, Morgan and I had classes together at the Cofo, Alison has been involved in almost all of the TLC shows I have been in (she sat out of Bye Bye Birdie, which was probably a smart move on her part) and Rhetta produced Big River last year.  They are all familiar with my big mouth.  So, I should find out how I did tonight when Dani gets home tonight, and I’ll let you know.  Wish me luck!

What I am really excited about is the fact that the Rent soundtrack is coming out tomorrow!!!!  I added three extra exclamation points because I am excited three times more than a normal person should be about this CD coming out.  Actually, I am going to call Kmart this morning and find out if they are getting it and how much it costs.  I want to get it at Kmart because it’s closer to my house, but if I have to go to Wal-Mart, I will, dang it.  I don’t even have anything else to do tomorrow, but I am going out to get that CD.  I had a dream last night that I was in the ensemble of the new Rent movie and I had to be in the same room as Idina Menzel and Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp and I was completely scared and intimidated.  Adam talked to me and I like, stammered out a reply.  This is exactly how I would act in real life.  It’s pathetic.  It’s especially pathetic that I’m still having dreams about it.

Anyway, I don’t have much to do today except sit around, to my laundry, and attempt to clean my house a little bit.  Tonight, I think I’ll watch Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential.  Tomorrow: Danielle’s Birthday Extravaganza.  Today is her birthday, but we’re celebrating tomorrow because of Annie auditions today.  So if you see her, wish her a happy birthday!  Adios,

Brianne <><

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home