Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Monday, September 19, 2005

"It's Gonna Be a Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring Day..."

Apparently, it’s my internet connection’s time of the month again. It’s been doing that logging on then kicking us off thing that it did shortly after we changed internet service providers. Our old one didn’t work very well, either, but this is almost worse. That one wouldn’t log on at all. This one just teases us.

So I’ll make this brief. Nothing really interesting has happened in the last few days. I worked, I spent a lot of time at church. There was a youth event at the Track last night, so I got all stinky and gross out there. Then I came home and watched the Emmys.

Oh, the Emmys. It was truly “the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat” for me. The thrill of victory was that Lost won best directing and best dramatic series, and that House won for best writing. The agony of defeat was the fact that neither Terry O’Quinn nor Naveen Andrews won best supporting actor. They gave it to William Shatner. Oh, the humanity. Nothing, however, upset me as much as Hugh Laurie not winning best actor. I almost cried. I also vandalized James Spader’s face in the Entertainment Weekly ballot to try to make me feel better. It didn’t work. In fact, I didn’t feel better until I watched this tape of Adam Pascal singing “Seasons of Love” from Rent and “Elaborate Lives” from Aida. That always makes me feel better. This morning I watched Hugh Laurie on a DVD of Jeeves and Wooster, a really funny British comedy from the seventies or eighties. Hugh is extremely cute in it.

So that is my last few days. Like I said, not interesting. And you know what? I can guarantee that it’s not going to get any more interesting any time soon. That’s why the blog is titled “Brianne’s Mundane Life.” It’s totally true. Oh, and one last thing: The Rent movie soundtrack is coming out in exactly one week from tomorrow! Yay! Forever obsessed,

Brianne <><

P.S. The title of this post refers to the song, “Lonely Day” by Phantom Planet. Love those guys.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger J. M. Richards said…

    Love that song! And I love the way you've, erm, paraphrased it. Now it could be song on the soundtrack to my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home