Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Obsession

Today I realized that my obsession with Rent has reached epic porportions.  I had a dream that I was living in the show.  I mean, that Rent was real life and I was a part of it.  Not that I was cast in the production, but that it was real.  Excuse me, how is this normal?  I think I need help- Rent detox.  Wait, that would mean that I would have to give it up.  No!  I mean, wait.   "I can stop whenever I want!"  Yeah.  That's right.

Today was a long day before noon.  I had that seven a.m. meeting this morning, which was interesting.  (that's all I'm going to say about that.)  I worked at the church this morning after the meeting, putting up a bulletin board because our school year kick-off is tomorrow night.  And then I went in to work at my job that is not the bookstore, only to find that one of my managers had called that morning to tell me that I didn't need to come in because they were cutting hours.  (Remember my comments yesterday about how gas prices are ruining my life?  This is one example.)  A good thing is that since I was at the mall that my bookstore is not in, I went to another bookstore that is part of the same chain.  (I know, confusing.  I'm still not going to put out the name of my other job or any distinguishing details about it, because I'm afraid that I may say something bad about it sometime.)  And at this bookstore, I found Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.  What a neat book.  I got it from the library last month and basically tore through it- it was fantastic.  Mr. Foer creates such distinctive narrators, and the way he imparts information (in little spurts) builds suspense without being manipulative.  He bounces all over the map when it comes to time frame- you could be looking at something now, or five minutes ago, or a year ago, or forty years ago.  Everything is Illuminated (now a movie) is like that, too.  These are two books that I highly recommend.

So I came home and sacked out on the couch for some serious lazy time.  It seems like that's all I do, isn't it?  I assure you, my life is full and busy.  I just treasure the time I get to spend relaxing because it is so rare.  Today I ate tortilla chips and watched an episode of Felicity that I had on DVD, then I took a nap until I was rudely awakened by my blessed roommate, Danielle.   I say rudely because being awakened bythe phone is always rude, isn't it?  Even if your cell phone rings "Don't Panic" by Coldplay, like mine does.

We went to Springfield today and Danielle bought the Holy Grail of DVD's:  the Lost season 1 DVD.  It is a beautiful thing.  I ripped the plastic off the case in the car so I could ogle the photos, and they are magnificent.  Then we watched some of the extras (a whole disk of extras!!) and I thought I might die.  Seriously.  Like I said, a beautiful thing.  Maybe this will keep my mind off Rent for a while.  (Probably not.)

Anyway, that's all I have for today.  Stay tuned for tomorrow, when my life goes crazy (another meeting at 7 a.m., work 8-4:30, youth from 5-whenever we get done.)  It's a typical Wednesday!  Adios,

Brianne <><


1 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger J. M. Richards said…

    *Sigh.* Haven't got LOST yet. I hate being broke. I hate not being mailed my paycheck by my boss. But, hey, enjoy it for me, okay?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home