Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Hard Out There for a Book Sales Girl.

So I’m going to make this short today, because I have to clean out the microwave (it looks like we microwaved a turtle wrapped in aluminum foil in there.)  All I can say is: “It’s hard out there for a pimp.”  I can’t get that freaking song out of my head since watching the Oscars last night.  I am not overly fond of this song.  It’s obnoxious.  I had never heard any of the songs nominated for best original song, but I really liked “In the Deep” from Crash.  It was beautiful.  So I was a little disappointed that it didn’t win, but it wasn’t like I was terribly attached to it.  It wasn’t sung by a hobbit or Hugh Laurie, so I didn’t really care.

I have to confess something that I’m not incredibly proud of.  I checked out the first half of season 1 of The OC from the library and I watched it.  And I liked it.  There.  I said it.  Everyone can laugh now.  In my defense, it’s got great music.  And some of the writing is really clever.  And Adam Brody is very cute and sweet as geeky Seth.  So there.  Let the ridicule begin.

I went to see Daniel in West Side Story yesterday and he was awesome, of course.  West Side Story was the College of the Ozarks musical this year.  My roommate was the musical director and my dear friend Daniel was Tony (uh, yeah, the lead) so I had to go see it.  I was so proud of them, especially Daniel, because that is not an incredibly easy role to play.  The songs he had to sing were really hard, and he did them so well.  The worst thing about the show was that there was a girl sitting next to me all through the first act, talking the entire time.  I felt like turning to her and saying, “Listen.  He’s my best friend.  Can you at least shut up while he’s up there?  Any other time, you can talk.  Thanks.”  I didn’t.  I think she was an aggie.  She probably could have kicked my butt.  Also, to congratulate Daniel I gave him a card with a nun playing poker on it.  He likes poker and nuns are always funny, I don’t care who you are.

Anyway.  I fell asleep before the end of the Oscars last night, so I’m going to go watch the rest of it (even though I know Crash won best picture, I just want to see what Jon Stewart had to say the rest of the night) and yes, I’m going to clean out the ever-loving microwave.  Oh, oh!  I bought the Rent DVD this weekend.  Joy of joys.  I already watched all the special features and the commentary with Chris Columbus, Anthony, and Adam.  (it was hi-larious, as they would say on Firefly.)  Finally, remember to be nice to your friendly neighborhood pimp.  It’s hard out there for him.  Love,

Brianne <><

3 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A turtle wrapped in aluminum foil???? What do you do when I am not at home??? I am kind of completely weirded out now. And also wondering how Shadow has survived so long. Eventually you are going to run out of turtles and then "Goodbye, kitty"!
    And I have to start the ridicule you are expecting... OC sucks! If you have to ruin a microwave, the best way to it is to put an OC DVD (one not borrowed from the library on my card!) wrapped in foil in the microwave. SAVE THE TURTLES!!!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Brianne said…

    Bite me, Danielle. All this OC hateration coming from the woman who owns all the *Ernest* movies. Hypocricy!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger J. M. Richards said…

    Wow...the love between roommates...'tis a beautiful thing...*pauses to wipe tear from eye*

    I especially love the use of the the word "hateration," Brianne. I may steal it. I just have to say, you fell asleep during the oscars?? YOU?? It must have been dreadful. I'm so glad I didn't bother watching. If there was anything good, I'll expect you to fill me in.
    Otherwise, it's not really even worth my time to go on my little diatribe about how biased the A Awards are. Even though I am consoled a little the Crash won Best Pic.
    But...the OC? Really?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home