Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Space-Holder Blog!

Hello, all, I don’t have a whole lot today, so I think this will be a short post.  I’m halfway watching Without a Trace and putting off cleaning my kitchen, which is starting to look embarrassing.  Mmm, Eric Close.  I love him.  Sorry, I got distracted a little bit.

Not much exciting has happened lately.  I’ve just been going to work, going to church, and coming home to watch season 2 of Buffy.  Last night Danielle and I skipped ahead a little and watched the musical episode from season 6.  It was impressive!  Some of the actors had really nice voices, there was some good dancing, and the songs and music were surprisingly deep and detailed.  I mean, Joss Whedon writes TV shows for a living and he does it very well, but he could obviously write musicals, too.  

Wow.  I wonder how tall Eric Close is.  He must be what, six foot, six one at least?  Oh.  Right.  I’m supposed to be posting.

Oh, oh!  I got the best CD a couple of weeks ago, and I can’t believe I haven’t talked about it yet.  I first heard the sublime sounds of Antony and the Johnsons on NPR like, a year ago and was completely blown away.  Antony’s voice is unique- he sings almost exclusively in falsetto and sometime sounds like a woman.  That could take some getting used to, but other than that, his music is incredibly melodic and accessible.  It’s all full of hope and longing and wanting to be something more than who you are- all themes that anyone can relate to.  Antony’s personal experiences obviously shade his songs- one of them speaks of his wanting to grow up into “a beautiful woman,” but “for today, I am a boy.”  He’s obviously got some gender issues.  That could be a stopping point for some people, but his songs are so incredibly sensitive and sweet, they just make your heart soar.  My favorite is “Bird Gurl,” which is another song about wanting something more, wanting to make something special out of your life.  I just love this music.  

Anyway, that’s about it.  I’m so distracted by the hotness that is Eric Close that I have to go and devote all of my attention to him before I do the dishes.  Talk more soon,

Brianne <><

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Mrs. Sappington said…

    Have you watched 24? That's the new show we're addicted to. Except...we're right in the middle of Season 2, waiting to rent Volune 6 until SOMEBODY finishes his paper!!!! It's not as good as Alias, but really, what is?? And its suspenseful and intense, so we like it.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger J. M. Richards said…

    Hmm...last night while you were watching WAT, I was watching "Who Wants to be a SUPERHERO" on Scifi. It was interesting. But one fun thing that came out of it was that I went to the website and they had a superhero "generator" and I tried to come up with what Davin and Anna would look like. I posted them as their myspace pics, if you want to see.

    Anyway...thought you were going to blog about Lady in the Water? I went to the site and read Night's thoughts on the story (is it too informal for me to call him that? His name is too long and too hard to spell without looking. Sorry.) and it just made me love it all the more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home