Brianne's mundane life

Listen to me talk about the things I love. Wow. That really doesn't sound interesting.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

RIP the Beast, I Knew You Well

It’s official.  I’m no longer the owner of a 1992 Buick Roadmaster named the Beast.

It’s the end of an era, if an era could only last four years.  I received the Beast in 2002 from my parents, who were upgrading cars.  It had a huge dent in the passenger-side door because my dad side swiped a gas pump, but mostly, it was a good old car.  I practically lived in that car, and as a result, it was like a motorized dumpster when I finally cleaned it out last weekend.  I found an alarm clock in there.  There was a whole, unopened bottle of shampoo in there.  I found papers from my last semester of college (I graduated in 2002, remember,) towels, clothing, half of our Tupperware, a sombrero, and the box my new cell phone came in.  Travis told me that it looked like a homeless person was living in my backseat.

The Beast had really let herself go in the last couple of years, and it was apparent that I needed a new car.  I’ve told the story of how Pearly, my new car, came to me, so I won’t get into that.  Anyway, my cousin, Eddie, needed a new car for his daughter, and my dad told him I’d sell the Beast for five hundred dollars.  (Seriously, I wonder if she was worth even that.)  Eddie said he’d take her, and the rest is history.  Not fifteen minutes ago, he drove the Beast away from Lost Tree forever, after having put a new radiator on her.  I hope the car doesn’t break down on his way home, that would make me feel horrible. Also I hope there is enough gas in her to at least get him to the First Stop up on Bee Creek road.  

In other news, I just got a new second job!  I’m going to be working at the Lane Bryant Outlet that is going in right next door to the bookstore where I work.  It really is the most convenient thing, and I am really excited about it.  I worked there yesterday before my shift at the bookstore, and I like the other girls who work there a lot.  The manager is great, and I had a discussion about musical theatre with one of the girls.  She also put the Smashing Pumpkins’ Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness on the stereo while we were working, so I figure we’ll get along fine.  We’re getting the store ready to open right now, so there’s a lot of cleaning and putting things together to be done.  It’s neat, because I’ve never been involved with something like that from the very beginning before.  Not to mention I’ll get a generous discount on the clothes they sell there.  They might as well just pay me in clothes, for all the good a paycheck will do.  They make stuff for tall girls.  There’s nothing better.  

Today has been my day off, so I slept till one, watched a cheesy teen movie (Kids in America, it’s not great, but it had Gregory Smith from Everwood in it, so I couldn’t resist) and then drove up to Arby’s in Ozark for lunch.  I know that it’s stupid to drive twenty miles just for a roast beef sandwich, but I was craving it.  I justified my trip by filling up my car at the gas station there, which is cheaper than all the ones in Branson.  And it was a good sandwich.  This evening I plan on watching more movies and doing my laundry, and also cleaning up the kitchen.  

So there, that’s my boring day off.  I hope someone out there is doing wild and crazy things, if you are, leave me a comment on my blog, so I can live vicariously through you.  Till later,

Brianne <><

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Mrs. Sappington said…

    Hey there! Nothing exciting here, but I wanted to let you know that Emma returned home safely, so all is well. And - I think you're the one who's about to do some wild and crazy shopping soon - do tell, what are you going to be doing with all that extra cash?? Do I see an ipod in your future?? Congrats on the blessing from the Beast!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger J. M. Richards said…

    AH, the Beast...farewell to thee...


    But don't forget that she will be immortalized forever in "Jagged Edge." Whoa, wait. "Immortalized forever?" That's like a double negative. You know what I mean. Anyway...congrats on both thing. Nothing wild 'n crazy going on here, but I'll keep you posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home